Hot hair extensions
1. Do not shampoo your hair for 48 hours after installed which gives enough time for the bond to settle.
2. Always use a sulfate free shampoo and paraben free conditioner. Shampoo with sulfate will damage and dry the hair extensions. Shampoo has to be hydrating. Rinse your hair very well.
3. Prior to bed, pull your hair back into a loose and low braid.
4. Brush your hair at least once a day with a synthetic boar bristle brush.
5. NEVER were your hair in high updo, if you need to tight up your hair, it has to be low and loose. Otherwise you would damage your natural hair.
6. NEVER USE A VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO ! Volumizing shampoos raise the cuticle of the hair and will cause damage and tangling.
7. Never apply conditioner to scalp or bonds. This will cause slippage or remove the extensions. Only shampoo, dry shampoo and hair spray can go on your roots.
8. Treat once or twice a week with hair mask and oil.
9. You need to come every 6 weeks for your hair extensions maintenance, if you go pass 7 weeks it will cause damage to your roots. I do not accept clients for a maintenance appointment passed 8 weeks. If this appends you need to get a removal 60$ a few days before your maintenance appointment.
10. Swimming, Always wet hair with tap water , apply conditioner ( away from roots ) and braid hair before swimming, avoid salt water and chlorine, it is the worst for hair extensions.
11. NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR!!!
12. Washing with hot water is not recommended, lukewarm water is best.
13. Avoid all pulling on the extensions.
14. Do not use products that contain sulfur or glycerin, silicon, etc... such as dandruff shampoos like head and shoulders. If you have dandruff I would recommend using ( surface Awaken for healthy scalp and thinning hair ) its amazing and safe for the extensions.
15. Use medium to low heat as on your hair and stay away from the bonds.
16. Use clarifying shampoo on your roots once every 2-3 weeks to clear buil-up. ( Neutrogena clarifying shampoo is sold in all pharmacy ).
17. Some clients experience itching to the scalp, this is perfectly normal. Remember that having hair extensions is not a natural process , your head has to adjust to having them.
18. Use a heat protector ( Unite 7 seconds detangler )
19. Wash your hair every 3 to 5 days. Your hair need to be dried and styled after each wash.
20. A small amount of live in conditioner ( Unite 7 seconds detangler ) on them every day is recommended.
Please follow the instructions above for best long lasting result.