Hot hair extensions Edmonton
1. Do not shampoo your hair for 48 hours after installed which gives enough time for the bond to settle.
2. Always use a sulfate free shampoo and paraben free conditioner, this is because normal high street brands contain silicone and sulfate ( sodium or sulfonate ) based ingredients which will cause the bonds to weaken and break down. Shampoo with sulfate will damage and dry the hair extensions.
3. Prior to bed, pull your hair back into a soft ponytail with elastics all the way down to prevent tangling while sleeping. Do not braid.
4. Brush your hair twice a day using proper hair extensions brushes
5. Brush gently working from ends towards scalp before and after washing.
6. NEVER USE A VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO ! Volumizing shampoos raise the cuticle of the hair and can cause tangling.
7. Never apply conditioner to scalp or bonds. too much conditioner or very oily hair can weaken the keratin bonds.
only shampoo, dry shampooor hair spray can go on your roots.
8. treat once or twice a week with any intence hydrator and oil.
9. Dont forget to deep condition once a week. leave it in the hair for 20-30 minutes and rinse.
10. Swimming -Always wet hair with tap water , apply conditioner and braid hair before swimming , avoid salt water and chlorine, it is the worst for hair extensions.
11. NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR.
12. Washing with hot water is not recommended with extensions. You can also do a cool water rinse to seal the cuticle and make your hair shiny.
13. Try to stay away from greasy products, they have too many chemicals in which will strip the hair and make it very dry.
14. Do not use products that contain sulfur or glycerin, silicon, etc... such as dandruff shampoos.
15. Use medium to low heat as on your hair and stay away from the bonds.
16. Use clarifying shampoo once every 2-3 weeks to clear buil-up, this also lets conditioner set in better.
17. Some clients experience itching to the scalp, this is perfectly normal. Remember that having hair extensions is not a natural process , your head has to adjust to having them.
18. Use a heat protector.
19. Wash your hair every 4-5 days
20. A small amount of oil on them every second day is recommended.
Please follow the instructions above for best long lasting result.